How do I leave money for an inmate?
There are a few different ways you can leave money for an inmate: You may visit the Detention Center lobby, where there is a banking kiosk that accepts cash or credit cards. You will need the inmate’s MNI number, which is located in a notebook near the banking kiosk. You may send a POSTAL money order (we only accept US POSTAL money orders) in the inmate’s mail. You may visit GOVPAYNOW by clicking here and following the prompts. The 4 digit code for the Pickens County Detention Center is 5500.
Can I bring inmates property like shoes, underwear, food or books?
The Pickens County Detention Center does not accept ANY items for inmates, with the exception of prescribed medications.
How can I give an inmate a Bible or other kind of book?
All books, including Bibles or religious material, must be mailed directly from the publisher. No books of any kind will be accepted by the detention staff, unless mailed from the publisher. The detention center reserves the right to refuse access to mailed books if they are deemed inappropriate. No books referencing gangs, drugs, graphic sexual content or graphic violence will be allowed.
What if I mailed a book to an inmate that was deemed inappropriate?
That book will be placed in the inmate’s property and they may take it with them when they are released or transferred. We will not release books back to the purchaser or mail them back to the publisher.
Can I pick up property from an inmate?
We do not release property such as clothes, shoes, purses, cellphones, wallets etc. The inmate will be given his/her property back when they leave or are transferred.
Which inmates do you hold at the Pickens County Detention Center?
We hold inmates that are legally under arrest and for whom we have a custody order form from Central, Clemson, Clemson University, Easley, Liberty, and Pickens Police Departments. We also hold inmates arrested by the South Carolina Highway patrol, SLED, SCDNR, and the State Grand Jury.
When does the Magistrate set bond for inmates?
Magistrates set bonds at 9:00AM and 4:00PM, seven(7) days a week. Arraigned inmates who are eligible for release are released at these times.
If the Detention Center is holding an inmate for a Police Department, will the County Magistrate release the inmate?
No. If the inmate has been charged by the city, the inmate must be transported back to the office of the City Recorder and complete his/her paperwork there. This also ensures that the charging departments Victim advocate notifies the victim of the inmate's release.